For the small, 5′ size of this grand, the instrument resonates with strength and volume.
This particular grandette enjoyed a former life serving a local, Tri-State musician.
By 1861 a new factory was built in Cincinnati, Ohio, continuing to sell pianos with the Wurlitzer label, but made by other European makers.
They did not start manufacturing their own pianos until 1880.
The instrument features a lively, beautiful tonal quality with a handsome wood finish.